- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Book a Speaking Event
CASA alumni are available to speak with your church, school, or community group about their experiences in Oaxaca and Chiapas. Collective members return home eager to share their experience and newly gained expertise on social justice in Mexico with their home communities. Some of the issues they are available to speak about include:
- The Zapatista Movement and the Conflict in Chiapas
- Oaxacan Social Movements and the 2006 Uprising
- NAFTA and Free Trade
- Mexican and Central American Immigration to the United States
- Alternatives to Corporate Globalization
- The Labor Movement in the United States and Mexico
- Privelege and International Solidarity
- Plan Puebla Panama
- The Role of Religion in Mexican Social Movements
Also, in October and November 2008, CASA will be organizing a national speaking tour with one of the many Oaxacan organizers featured in our new book Teaching Rebellion. Contact us to host the speaking tour or to book an event with one of our alumni.
Colin Bossen and Rachel Wallis
Colin is a co-founder of the Chiapas Peace House Project. He is also a longtime labor activist and has helped organize unions in Chicago and San Francisco. Colin was installed as the minister of the Unitarian Universalist Society of Cleveland in June, 2008. He is available to speak throughout the country.
Rachel Wallis is a Chiapas Peace House Board Member. She served as the field coordinator in Chiapas from 2003-2004 and has been involved in solidarity work in Nicaragua as well. She currently lives in Chicago and is also available to speak in Cleveland, New York, and Washington DC.